AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
In 1971, Obusan founded Ramon Obusan Folkloric Group (ROFG), which was acclaimed for its faithful and authentic Filipino folk dance performances.
In 1982, he was designated as Artistic Director of the first Asian Dance Company. On the same year, he directed a documentary for the Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP) entitled “Sayaw”, which won the grand prix award in the “International Video Dance Competition” in France.
In 1992, he was given the Patnubay ng Kalinangan award by the City of Manila for his contributions to the preservation of traditional Filipino dances.
In 1993, he was conferred the CCP Gawad Para Sa Sining Para Sa Sayaw for his researches in Philippine Folk Dances and other art forms.
In 1998, Obusan was commissioned by the Department of Tourism in designing floats themed with historical significance during the parade for the centennial celebration of the country’s independence.
Apart from being a maestro in dancing, Obusan was also a collector of Filipiniana wardrobe, an authority in folk rituals and a expert in fisheries.
- Ramon A. Obusan was conferred the Order of National Artist for Dance by President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo at the Malacañan Palace in recognition of his artistic excellence in the arts, significant contributions to dance, and as testament to his phenomenal work in Philippine dance.
- Ramon A. Obusan , Parangal : Sayaw Bulawan , Philippine Folk Dance Society
- Ramon Obusan Folkloric Group , Aliw Awards Foundation Inc. (AAFI)
- Ramon Obusan Folkloric Group , Consumers’ Choice Awardee , Most Outstanding Artistic Dance Group , Consumers Choice and Dangal ng Pilipinas Annual Awards
- Ramon A. Obusan , Gawad CCP Para sa Sining Award
- Ramon A. Obusan , Patnubay ng Kalinangan Award by City of Manila
- Ramon Obusan Folkloric Group , Golden Scroll Awardee , 1991 Golden Scroll awards GSA
- Ramon A. Obusan , Outstanding Achiever of Camarines Norte in the field of ARTS and CULTURE