Palihang Pambata sa Bahay ni Kuya Mon
In line with the celebration of the 50th Founding Anniversary of the Ramon Obusan Folkloric Group, the Ramon Obusan Folkloric Foundation, Inc. and the Cultural Center of the Philippines will conduct Palihang Pambata sa Bahay ni Kuya Mon, a specialized workshop for children about Philippine culture and arts . This includes dance and music sessions integrating various aspects such as physical fitness, aesthetics, nature, and spirituality.
PALIHANG PAMBATA SA BAHAY NI KUYA MON
The Ramon Obusan Folkloric Foundation Inc, in partnership with the Arts Education Department of Cultural Center of the Philippines, is holding the Palihang Pambata sa Bahay ni Kuya Mon, a specialized workshop for children about Philippine culture and arts on November 14, 2021, from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM.
The virtual workshop aims to:
(1) develop art appreciation and cultural awareness among the youth and its partner communities;
(2) train children and develop the creative minds of the children through dance workshops; and
(3) produce resource materials that will supplement and respond to the need of the dance education curricula.
Spearheaded by the Batang Ramon Obusan Folkloric Group, the workshop includes dance and music sessions with integration to various aspects such as environmental protection, clothing traditions, and collective consciousness.
No registration fee will be required, but only a limited number of participants will be accommodated in the workshop. Interested participants must submit a duly accomplished registration form and parental consent. Register thru this link https://forms.gle/pehsqnbHrJmiYcwK8.
For more information, you may contact Ramon Obusan Folkloric Foundation Inc. by email at email@example.com.
I. General Requirement:
1. The virtual national workshop is open to all children ages 7 to 14 years old.
2. Participants must have a strong internet connection, Zoom meeting application, and enough space for the activities.
3. Workshop will be held via Zoom meetings. Only registered participants are allowed to enter and participate. Parents may assist children in case of any technical issues will occur.
4. Participants must comply with the attendance and output requirement of each activity.
5. Participants must submit a duly accomplished parental consent granting permission to participate in the said workshop.
6. Culminating program will be streamed via Ramon Obusan Folkloric Foundation Inc. Facebook page on November 20, 2021 at 4:00 PM.
1. Salidumay: Awit ng Pagdiriwang at Pagkakaisa
A group activity that expresses unity and gratitude of the indigenous groups of Cordillera society though shared beliefs, ideas and moral attitudes.
2. Indak Pagaspas
A dance-play interaction using movement combination from the following bird-themed folk dances and its important role in the preservation of the environment
3. Malong: Simbolo, Paraan at Gamit
An interactive lecture-demonstration on the position and utilization of ‘malong’ on Maranao clothing culture.
For this workshop, participants must provide a Maranao or any substitute malong.
To receive electronic Certificate of Participation, participants must submit the following outputs:
Activity 1: Recorded audio-video singing the Salidumay with correct lyrics, enunciation and tempo.
Activity 2: Recorded video executing all movement combinations done with music.
Activity 3: Pictures displaying the different ways of wearing the ‘malong’.
November 10, 2021 – Deadline of Registration
November 13, 2021 – Final Reminder
November 14, 2021 – Workshop Day
8:30 AM – 9:00 AM Orientation
9:01 AM – 10:15 AM Salidumay: Awit ng Pagdiriwang at Pagkakaisa
10:16 AM – 10:30 AM Break
10:31 AM – 12:00 PM Indak Pagaspas
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Lunch Break
1:00 PM – 2:30PM Malong: Simbolo, Paraan at Gamit
November 17, 2021 – Deadline of Outputs
November 20, 2021 – Culminating Program live via Ramon Obusan Folkloric Foundation Inc Facebook Page